Directorate of Indian System of Medicine(Ayush), J&K
Brief Note on Major Achievements of J&K SMPB for last 3 Financial Years
1. Establishment of District Level Herbal Garden J&K SMPB in co-ordination with Lien Departments viz a viz Bhaderwah Dev authority, Deptt of Agriculture J&K, Deptt. of Floriculture Kashmir has successfully established Demonstration Herbal Gardens in Various Districts of the State for promoting the herbal wealth.
2. Preparation of Design and technical assistance for world famous Herbal Garden and Hi-Tech Nursery to be established at Nehru Memorial Botanical Garden Srinagar and Bagh-e Bahu Jammu in Collaboration with Department of Floriculture Jammu/Kashmir. The Design is already approved for execution by the Governing Body of J&K SMPB held under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Minister for Health, Horticulture & Floriculture held on 18-12-2012.
Activities done so far:
a. Detailed project report prepared.
b. Work on Hi-tech nursery initiated and is under process.
3. Assess of Demand & Supply position of Medicinal plants of J&K State
Activities Done under the project.
Field survey and Data collection across three regions of the State viz-a-Viz Jammu, Kashmir & Ladakh
Data Entry and Analysis
Printing of publication
4. National level Buyer Sellers Meet
National level Buyer seller meet organized by J&K SMPB in collaboration with JK EDI and IIIM J&K .
5. State Action plan of J&K SMPB(2009-14)
The J&K State Medicinal Plants board submitted a comprehensive State Action Plan to Deptt. of AYUSH Govt of India for conservation, development and sustainable management of Medicinal Plants which covers all the areas of medicinal plants sector with a financial outlay of Rs. 7650.00 lacs for 4 years
6. National Campaign on Amla in J&K State
Activities Done under the project:
» Development of 2 No. of Nurseries in collaboration with State Forest Institute & Directorate of Horticulture, Jammu.
» Print media campaign.
» Printing of 1.40 lac information broachers/leaflets.
» School/College programs in 155 institutions.
» Training programs of 1500 persons.
» Electronic media campaign by involving CBS/DD/Local channels.
7. Participation in Employment Fairs organized by Govt of J&K in all Districts.
a. On spot registration of Farmers /Growers for mass cultivation of Medicinal Plants, who were in turn recommended to Deptt of Horticulture for sanctioning of funds.
b. Awareness among masses about the potential of medicinal Plants sector, and generation of employment avenues by setting up of Medicinal Pharmaceutical Industry in the State.
8. Participating in Programmes/Conferences organized by University of Kashmir and suggestions for upgrading the Medicinal Plants sector submitted through these institutions to State Government.
9. Initiating development of Medicinal Pharmaceutical Industry in the State by actively collaborating with State Financial Corporation/Entrepreneurs and Department of Forest.
10. 166 Hactares of land taken under Conservation of Medicinal Plants in Jammu & Kashmir in the year 2012-13 (executing agency –Forest Department). 1.06 lacs Medicinal plants distributed among various agencies.
11. Identification of Farmers done and submitted to JK EDI to be trained under Seed Capital Fund scheme of Sheri- Kashmir Employment welfare programme for Youth (SKEWPY).